Scratch Programming l
OUR SCRATCH COURSE
This is our beginner scratch course catered for beginners who wish to learn the fundamentals of programming in a fun and interactive way. Throughout this course our students will be creating animations, making simple maze games and even an amazing dodgin’ game. Scratch employs a drag and drag logic designer which makes it easy for young kids
In this course, students will pick up the following technical competencies
1. Programming Knowledge– Learn basic programming syntax like loops, decision structures, variables and many more
2. Story Line Creation– Learn to plan and structure a coherent and interesting story
3. Basic Game Design Principles– Learn simple game design techniques
4. Simple animation Making simple animations within Scratch
1. Algorithmic/Logical thinking
2. Cognitive development
3. Creative thinking
4. Critical thinker
Total lessons: 5
These skills will allow your kids to progress and take on other more challenging tracks we have as a junior programmer and develop their skills in our more specialized tracks which they are interested in!
Simple animation created by one of our student. A looping animation of a dragon flying around.
Simple story created by our primary 2 student, Renee featuring a shark attack in the ocean
Dodgeball game created by one of our students, Evan under the guidance of our instructors.
A cutesy food dodging game created by another of our student